Frog Hooks – A Secure, Stable Mooring and Boarding System
Features & Benefits
- Availble for EZ Docks or Wood Docks
- Confident boarding for everyone, including pets
- A safer way for loading equipment
- Hassle-free hook up
- More boats stored in less space
- Eliminates need for dock fingers, lines and fenders
- Protection of your investment
How Frog Hooks work
Frog Hooks mooring system comes in pairs and are shaped similar to an ironing board. The wide end of each hook is attached to the dock on a hinge bracket which allows the hook to swing up out of the way when not in use. The tapered or narrower end of each Frog Hook has clevis-pin bolts that go through the transom toweyes on each side. The pins hold a boat securely in place. The Frog Hooks serve as ramps for boarding for working on the motor or lower unit.
Where can i use Frog Hooks?
Frog Hooks mooring and boarding system are recommended for boats from 12′ to 28′ and are designed for floating docks in tidal areas or permanent docks where there is little tidal change.
Frog Hooks are space efficient
Frog Hooks allow you to secure boats as close as one foot apart. 3 different sized models allow different size boats to be held in the same slip and eliminate the need for finger piers, pilings, ropes which increases the number of boats you can dock by up to 30%.
What size do I need?
The Frog Hook size is determined by type of engine, the amount of clearance needed from transom to dock, allowing enough room for the engine or swim platform.
- 32″ Models – Are sold for inboards and sterndrives in tidal areas on floating docks. They also can be used on stationary docks for outboard boats as they do not need to tilt their engines up in fresh water. Ideal for pontoon boats as well.
- 46″ Models – If on a stationary dock in a tidal area, use the 46″ models to allow for water fluctuation. Ideal for pontoon boats as well. Not to be used in tidal areas more than 2′.
- 52″ Models – Use with outboards that have the long shaft engines
Click here to view how to install Frog Hooks.